Growth marketing is one of the biggest buzzwords of the past years, and in 2021, it’s no different, which is why so many people are asking, “What is Growth Marketing?”.
Consultants, marketers, and entrepreneurs call growth marketing the best way they grow a business, and some even call it ‘the future of marketing”, but what does it really mean?
In this article, I’ll explain to you how to become a growth marketer in 2022. Let’s get started with the definition of growth marketing:
What Is Growth Marketing
Growth Marketing is a new field focusing solely on growth, based on a data-driven, experiment-based process.
A growth marketer explores new growth opportunities systematically in any part of the customer journey, from awareness through marketing to brand ambassadors by optimizing the product/ service.
What is a Growth Mindset?
A Growth Mindset is a way of working and dealing with problems related to business, where you look for alternative solutions, give priority to progression over perfection and use data and new techniques. The growth mindset is a characteristic of growth hackers and growth marketers.
Books about Growth Marketing
- Hacking Growth by Sean Ellis and Morgan Brown
- Growth Hacker Marketing by Ryan Holiday
- The Secret Sauce by Vincent Dignan (very practical book)
- The Growth Handbook by Andrew Chen & Intercom-team
- Growing Happy Clients by Daphne Tideman & Ward van Gasteren
- Growth Engines by Sean Ellis & Morgan Brown
- BAMF Bible by Josh Fechter
- Traction by Gabriel Weinberg
- The Paper Plane Plan by Ross Davies
- Hooked by Nir Eyal
- 100 Days of Growth by Sujan Patel
- Scaling Up by Verne Harnish
- Lean Analytics by Alistair Croll
- Lean Startup Marketing by Sean Ellis
- Zero To One by Peter Thiel & Blake Masters
- Hacking Independence by Fiverr-team
- Viral Loop by Adam L. Penenberg
- Contagious by Jonah Berger
- SaaS Growth Playbook by Nichole Elizabeth DeMeré, Trevor Hatfield
- Growth Marketing Book by Jon Yongfook
- Food for Growth by Geckoboard & Mention
- Growth Hacking: Silicon Valley’s Best Kept Secret by Raymond Fong & Chad Riddersen
- Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug
Enjoy your reading!
Growth Marketing Skills
- Data Tracking & Analytics
- Acquisition Marketing (Social, Search, Content, Email, etc.)
- Technical Skills
- Customer Retention
- Referral Programs & Viral Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization & A/B-testing
- Activation & User Onboarding
- UI / UX
- Visual Design
- Behavioural Psychology
- Customer Interviews
- Marketing Automation
- Growth Hacking Mindset
How to start with Growth Marketing?
- Discover your Growth Bottleneck – The Pirate Funnel
- Set up your Growth Experiments – G.R.O.W.S. Process
- Analyze & Implement
- Repeat this G.R.O.W.S-Process
Growth Marketing Blogs
- GrowthHackers.com, the largest Growth Hacking forum, founded by Sean Ellis
- Growth Hacker is the new VP of Marketing by Andrew Chen
- Growth Insight Episodes on Youtube by Growth Tribe
- How to hire a growth hacker for your company? by Foundr
- Growth Hacking mythes by ConversionXL
- Grow with Ward blog by Ward van Gasteren
Growth Hacking courses and training
Online Growth Hacking courses:
- Udemy’s Growth Hacking Digital Marketing – from $149
- Full Beginner Growth Course  – from $299
- CXL Growth Marketing Mini Degree – from $899
- Growth Tribe Academy – from $1290
- Reforge Growth Series – from $2499
Offline Growth Hacking courses:
- Growth Tribe is the first growth hacking academy in Europe and by far the biggest. Each year they train around 2,500 people from their Growth Tribe campus in Amsterdam or in-house at companies.
- The Talent Institute has a paid traineeship for growth hackers as a part of StartupBootcamp.
- GrowthRocks is also setting up growth hacking universities in Athens, London and Bucharest.